Shipping and FAQ
How much is shipping?
- Orders for 3 or more masks receive free standard shipping.
- Orders for 1 - 2 masks are $8.50 standard shipping.
$11.50 for Express Shipping.
Due to COVID-19 shipping delays this may not be next business day but it will be the fastest possible shipping time. (Please note this does not quicken the production time.)
- All orders are sent with tracking.
- Orders for 1 - 6 masks are $15.20 standard shipping.
- Orders for 7 - 13 masks are $18.20 standard shipping.
- Orders for 14 - 26 masks are $24.00 standard shipping.
- Delivery time is 5+ business days, however due to the cancellation of many international flights delivery may take longer.
- All orders are sent with tracking.
When will my order be sent?
We aim to make and ship all orders within 3 business days. We will contact you if there will be any delays with the production of your masks.
What fabrics are used for your masks?
Our masks have four layers:
- Front outer layer: 100% Cotton or Cotton Linen (55% Cotton, 45% Linen)
- First internal layer: Polyester Chiffon
- Second internal layer: Polyester Chiffon
- Back outer layer: 100% Cotton
How do I get the best fit when putting on my mask?
To create a snug fit:
- Secure the ties tightly around your ears or head so that the mask is held in place on your face.
- Pull up the backwards pleat at the top of the mask to create the nose peak. Just pull up the middle, not the whole pleat, and then tuck the rest of the pleat neatly against your face on both sides. It should sit comfortably flush across your nose and cheeks. Glasses will sit on top of the nose pleat.
- Pull and gather the fabric along the sides like a drawstring to shape the mask to your face.
- Pull the bottom pleats downwards a little if you need more chin coverage.
The nose peak, gathered drawstring and pleats should all work together to provide a close fit along your nose, cheeks and chin.
Watch our how-to videos to see two different ways you can wear your mask.
Will my glasses fog when I wear your mask?
Place your glasses on top of the nose pleat fabric to avoid your glasses fogging. With a close, snug fit along your nose and cheeks you shouldn't have any problems with fogging glasses.
How should I wear the mask?
Every face and head is different so our masks come with two long ties made from soft t-shirt yarn which give you flexibility in how you wear it. Experiment with ear loops or tied around your head to see which option you find comfiest and gives a good fit. If wearing glasses or sunglasses you might find that tied around your head sits better, but if you want to put the mask on quickly you might find the ear loops work better. Watch our videos to see how you can wear your mask.
How do I care for my mask?
- We recommend you wash your mask before first use.
- It is essential to wash your mask after every use.
- Cold machine wash on a normal cycle in a delicates bag will help maintain the longevity of the fabric. If there is a strong chance that you may have had direct contact with COVID-19 then we recommend a hot wash for your mask.
- Flatten your mask after washing and line dry in the sun. Do not tumble dry. Make sure the mask is completely dry before you use it. A damp mask can promote the growth of microorganisms.
- Iron the pleats if needed.
- When going out we recommend you take 2 bags with you: 1 to hold your clean masks and 1 to hold your used masks. We are big fans of Project Ten’s Mini Zip Pouches which you can easily wipe down and sanitise after each use.
Important to Remember:
- Avoid touching the outside of your mask while you are wearing it. Wash your hands if you do.
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask and after removing your mask.
What size should I order?
Please refer to our Size Guide to work out which size is best for you. Sizes are approximate. As the masks are handmade please allow for slight variance +/- 5mm from these measurements.
|Size||Mask Height*||Mask Width at Top
||Mask Width at Bottom
|Extra Small||70mm / 7cm||175mm / 17.5cm||155mm / 15.5cm|
|Small||80mm / 8cm||195mm / 19.5cm||175mm / 17.5cm|
|Medium||90mm / 9cm||220mm / 22cm||200mm / 20cm|
|Large||100mm / 10cm||245mm / 24.5cm||225mm / 22.5cm|
* This is the measurement when the mask is flat. The pleats will allow you to expand the mask an additional 3cm.
Masks will shrink a little on your first wash. Allow for average 1cm shrinkage. Order a larger size if you think you might be between sizes.
Please contact us if you need help with sizing.
Can I return, refund or exchange my mask?
For health and sanitary reasons masks are unable to be returned or exchanged for change of mind or wrong choice selections. We take a lot of care when making your mask, however if your mask seems flawed please contact us as soon as possible. We may arrange a refund or replacement at our discretion.
Will your mask stop me from getting COVID-19?
Our masks will not stop you from getting COVID-19. They are a preventative measure to help reduce the community transmission of the virus.